GlobalData’s “Patent Statistics and Analysis Q3 2022” report offers insights into the patent filings activities, top patent filers, top patent technologies, top patent sectors, licensing & litigation trends, and social media & trend analysis.
The number of patent filings and grants decreased in Q3’22 which is also reflected in the number of filings and grants from top patent offices such as China, the US, Japan, Europe, and Korea. The decline could be attributed to the COVID-19 pandemics’ after-effects on the global economic slowdown.
Key findings in the report include:
- Q3’22 witnessed a slump in the global patenting activity mainly due to the drop in patent filings and grants from IP5
- China witnessed a surge in patent filings with its focus on digitalization, climate change, and industrial automation
- Asian companies spearhead the patenting activity, Huawei grabs the top spot while Gree emerges as the fastest growing
- Innovation activity of the China startups is on the rise and China’s universities dominate the patent filings
- Artificial intelligence has garnered the highest traction in patent filings followed by digitalization
For more information, download the report on “Patent Statistics and Analysis Q3 2022”.