A number of experienced wealth management professionals have joined Swiss private bank Julius Baer, keeping the bank on target to meet its plans for expansion in the UK and Ireland.
The bank confirmed the arrival of a number of relationship managers, wealth planners and other staff. It comes as the private bank is opening new offices in Manchester, Leeds and Scotland.
More team members are expected over coming months.
The new premises will be opening in Leeds and Manchester this year and in Scotland early next year.
Julius Baer international CEO, David Durlacher, said: “We are pleased to welcome such a strong cohort of experienced individuals to Julius Baer. Their expertise will give clients outside London local access to our superior wealth management offering and provides us with wide coverage across the UK and Ireland.”
“We are on track to open our new offices over the coming months and look forward to welcoming additional, experienced team members in due course.”
The bank announced in August, its intent to increase investment in the UK and Ireland.
Some of the key hires are:
- Martin Cuthbuert. He joins as team head covering the North East. He previously worked at Barclays Wealth as regional director.
- Gordon Scott. He joins as head of teams covering the North West, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Glenn Branne. He joins as regional head of wealth planning. He was previously with Barclays Wealth.
- Jonathan Dobbin. He joins from Barclays Wealth.
- Mark Embley. He joins as a relationship manager covering the Midlands.
- Charlie Hague. He joins as a relationship manager.
- Andrew Miller. He joins as a senior relationship manager and will be covering the North East region, with a particular focus on Newcastle.
- Simon Patterson joins from Barclays Wealth.
Relationship managers Jonathan Holland and Robert Websdale will relocate from London to Manchester to better help clients.