BNP Paribas Wealth Management launches 11 new apps after an extensive focus on technology incubators and collaboration with fintechs.
The services include a financial advice vehicle (myAdvisory), a biometrics interface that uses face recognition to allow clients access to their accounts (myBioPass), and a digital platform for the bank’s ultra high net worth (UHNW) clients to engage in co-investments (The Leaders’ Connection).
Vincent Lecomte, co-CEO of BNP Paribas Wealth Management, told PBI recently that the idea for the Leaders’ Connection app evolved out of the annual Leaders Club networking event, which allows UHNW clients to share investment
ideas and collaborate.
The innovation culture
The new digital services are the result of four innovation sessions that the bank set up in Brussels, Rome, Luxembourg and Hong Kong, in a bid to improve the client experience for wealth management clients. The four sessions were followed by what the bank calls “factories”, three of which were set up in Europe and Asia with approximately 200 people contributing to rapidly develop solutions for the bank’s clients. Some of the new apps were developed in collaboration with fintechs.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Sofia Merlo, co-CEO of BNP Paribas Wealth Management, says:
“We learned a lot by working differently on this ambitious project, and received extremely positive feedback from both clients and teams who worked together on brainstorming, conception, production and testing sessions. It was very important for us to integrate clients in this innovative process and we hope these new digital solutions will generate the same enthusiasm for all our clients.”
The features of the apps are as follows:
myAdvisory provides personalised financial advice via a smartphone.
- Receive recommendations aligned with their personal guidelines
- See and analyze their portfolio and relevant metrics
- Define their contact strategy to avoid over or under solicitation
- Place an order based on a recommendation provided by the bank on their smartphone
- Connect to myAdvisory in a secured way to keep their data safe
- Give their feedback to enhance service
- Contact their private banker to ask for more information or set up an appointment
myBioPass enables clients to access their online banking services using biometrics.
- Log into myWealth and Web Banking on their tablet using their biometrics
(face recognition) and their smartphone as a key
- Validate transactions using their biometrics (fingerprint
+ voice recognition) and their smartphone as a key.
The Leaders’ Connection is a digital platform available on smartphone and tablet that allows BNP Paribas Wealth Management to connect eligible investors to facilitate co-investments and give them the opportunity to share their views on exclusive private investment opportunities.
- Have direct access to peers, build a trusted circle along the way and enlarge their international network.
- Look for a co-investor among their peers to collaborate, raise questions and share ideas in a secure way.
- Connect privately with a peer in a secure way.
- View sell side mandates of private opportunities published by BNP Paribas and contact the bank.
- View the history of all co-investment opportunities and questions/posts from the community.
- Access the content of the app offline.