Please see press release below from WealthInsight, the London based global wealth consultancy, which has embarked on an in-depth study to find the most affluent small towns and villages in the UK.
Press Release: the 10 most affluent villages in the UK
We have only included towns with less than 30,000 people in our study so larger places such as Brentwood, Maidenhead and Wilmslow are excluded.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
|Ranking||Town||Region||Nearest Major City (Miles)||Population||No. of millionaires|
|1||Windsor||South East||London (17)||27000||850-900|
|2||Weybridge||South East||London (8)||19500||800-850|
|3||Sevenoaks||South East||London (24)||18500||800-850|
|4||Beaconsfield||South East||London (16)||12000||450-500|
|5||Henley on Thames||South East||London (30)||10600||400-450|
|6||Marlow||South East||London (21)||14000||350-400|
|7||Hale||North West||Manchester (7)||15300||300-350|
|8||Alderley Edge||North West||Manchester (14)||4400||300-350|
|9||Bray||South East||London (25)||4600||300-350|
|10||Ascot (incl. Sunninghill)||South East||London (14)||11600||250-300|
- Windsor tops the list with over 850 millionaires followed by Weybridge with over 800 millionaires.
- Towns in the London commuter belt dominate the top 10, although it is interesting to see that a couple small towns around Manchester also make the list. This reflects the affluent nature of the Cheshire area.
- Henley is the fastest growing town on the list with millionaire numbers there rising by 25% over the period between 2007 and 2012. This compares very well with general UK millionaire numbers which declined by 9% over that period.
- Alderley Edge is considered to be the most affluent town in the North West, particularly Whitebarn Road which is one of the most expensive streets in the UK.
- Beaconsfield’s high ranking is unsurprising as it has the highest average house price outside of London (over US$750,000 per home). It also has the highest average income per household of US$110,000.
- Towns that narrowly missed out on top 10 included: Burford, Chipping Campden, Dartmouth, Ilkley, Leatherhead, Lyndhurst, Pangbourne, Ponteland, Virginia Water and Windermere. These towns each have over 200 millionaires.
- "Millionaires" otherwise known as "high net worth individuals" or "HNWIs" refer to individuals with net assets of US$1 million or more excluding their primary residences.
- "Multi-millionaires" otherwise known as "ultra high net worth individuals" or "UHNWIs" are individuals with net assets of US$30 million or more excluding their primary residences.
- For the purposes of this report, the phrase "review period" relates to the years 2007-2012 and the "forecast period" relates to the years 2012-2017.
If you have any questions about this release, or would like more information, please contact us.
WealthInsight Press Team
+44 (0) 20 3220 0818