AZ Next Generation Advisory (AZ NGA), the Australian arm of Italian asset manager Azimut Group, has agreed to acquire Farrow Hughes Mulcahy (FHM) in a deal worth around AUD9.3m ($7.3m).

FHM, which operates in North Sydney, provides wealth accumulation, retirement planning, insurance, and strategic financial planning advice. The firm currently has eight advisers and manages AUD734m in client funds.

The deal involves share swap of 49% of FHM’s equity for AZ NGA shares, and a progressive buy back of the shares over 10 years. The remaining 51% holding will be paid in cash to FHM’s founding partners over two years.

AZ NGA CEO Paul Barrett said: “FHM are a natural fit for AZ NGA as the team is lead by highly experienced financial planners in Craig Hughes and Daniel Mulcahy supported by general manager Michael Furness. They have an exciting growth plan which we will be able to assist with.”

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.