BOV Fund Services Ltd is Malta’s fund industry pioneer and a fully owned subsidiary of Bank of Valletta plc, Malta’s largest banking group. The Company was set up in 2006 to provide a comprehensive and integrated range of high-end fund administration solutions to the funds industry.
Through the dedication of its highly qualified and professional human resources as well as significant investment in state-of-the-art technology, BOV Fund Services has positioned itself as Malta’s leading fund administration company, with assets under administration representing over 20% of the local market share.
The Company also provides fund managers and promoters from multiple jurisdictions with a one-stop-shop solution in delivering fund structuring and redomiciliation solutions on a turnkey basis, as well as a comprehensive suite of fund administration services including fund accounting, shareholder registry, regulatory reporting, corporate services, and other ancillary services.
BOV Fund Services is recognised as a Fund Administrator and licensed as a Company Services provider by the Malta Financial Services Authority.
- Fund Formation Turnkey Solutions
- Asset Management Company Formation
- Management of licensing process
- Fund Valuation
- Maintenance of Shareholder Registry
- Fund Accounting
- Regulatory Reporting
- FATCA Reporting
- Common Reporting Standard (CRS) Reporting
- AIFMD Reporting
- Central Bank of Malta (CBM) Returns
- Company Secretarial Services
- Back-office services to Asset Management Companies
- Listing on the Malta Stock Exchange
- Cross-Border Mergers
Fast Facts (as at end 2019)
- Funds under Administration: 119
- Assets under Administration: €3.7 billion
- Shareholder Registry: 69,000
- NAVs issued: >8,500 per annum
- Market Share – Number of Funds: 20%; Assets under Administration: 25%
- Employees: >50
- Client base: Most EU countries, UK, Switzerland, Turkey
Malta’s Fund Industry
Malta’s positioning as an international EU-based fund and asset management domicile presents a compelling proposition for fund managers either planning to set up or redomicile their funds or asset management operations to Europe. The growth of Malta as a fund domicile has been spearheaded by the registration of numerous funds under the Professional Investor Fund (PIF) regime; a regime unique to Malta and which allowed for the internationalisation of the domicile.
Malta continues to increasingly enjoy recognition as a fund domicile of repute due to a number of unique advantages offered by the domicile including, but not limited to:
- The strategic geographic location and time-zone
- Strong and stable economic status
- English as an official language
- Robust legal and regulatory framework
- Highly developed operational and services framework
- Highly skilled and multilingual workforce
- A single regulator with a pro-business approach
- Time-to-market considerations
- Cost efficiencies
- Tax considerations