Washington Trust, a firm that focuses on retail banking and wealth management, has revealed its Covid-19 initiatives.
To ensure the health, safety, and well-being of its employees, customers, and community, the bank has revealed a number of measures.
In compliance with the Center of Disease Control and prevention’s (CDC) recommendation to encourage “social distancing”, branch lobbies will be closed until further notice.
However, drive-up banking will continue to operate under regular business hours. The bank is also aiding borrowers that have been financially impacted by the pandemic.
Washington Trust’s response includes:
- Temporary branch lobby closure from March 21 2020 until further notice;
- Drive-up banking available during regular business hours. Most locations offer this service, but those that do not will be open during regular hours by appointment only;
- Customers who require in-branch assistance for specialised needs, such as safe deposit access or signature guarantees, may schedule appointments with their branches;
- Its customer solutions centre can be reached via telephone. In addition, online and mobiel banking services will continue to be available for 24 hours a day;
- Borrower assistance to consumer, mortgage, small business and commercial borrowers who have been financially impacted will be offered;
- Wshington Trust made a donation to the United Way of Rhode Island’s Covid-19 Response Fund to assist local non-profits with direct service programmes to community members in need;
- All employees who can work remotely will do so until further notice. The workforce will still have access to secure technology and telephone services to assist customers, and
- Customers are encouraged to look at the bank’s website for up-to-date information as the situation continues to shift.
Following the agreement, Washington Trust Bank will migrate to Baker Hill NextGen solution.
The migration is expected to give the lender gain improved user interface that will adjust to the emerging needs of customers.
It will also enable clients to access all functions and data through a single platform.