The Hedge Fund Association has announced the results of the 2014/2015 board of director’s election.
HFA members in the US, Europe, Asia, Australia, Latin America and the Cayman Islands elected 15 leaders to work on behalf of the global hedge fund industry, including over 10,000 hedge funds in the U.S. and abroad which collectively manage in excess of US$2.8 trillion in assets, institutional and high-net worth investors, and industry service providers.
Mitch Ackles, president, HFA, said: "I am honored to continue to serve alongside Ron Geffner, David Friedland and all of the HFA’s new and returning board members. In the years ahead we will work together to produce frequent member networking programs, advance our advocacy efforts with the media, lawmakers and regulators, and develop new initiatives to prepare future generations of industry professionals."
The 2014/2015 HFA Board of Directors are:
- President: Mitch Ackles, Hedge Fund PR
- Vice President: Ron Geffner, Sadis & Goldberg
- Chairman: David Friedland, Magnum U.S. Investments
Representing Hedge Fund Allocators:
- David Friedland, Magnum U.S. Investments
- Evan H. Katz, Crawford Ventures
- April Rudin, The Rudin Group
- Michael Scanlon, AiCE Group – Silver Leaf Partners
- Don Steinbrugge, Agecroft Partners
Representing Hedge Fund Managers:
- Tony Acquadro, BTS Asset Management
- Joseph DeMatteo Sr., JDM Capital Corp.
- Frederick Pye, Landry Investment Management
- George Schultze, Schultze Asset Management
- John Taylor, White Oak Global Advisors
Representing Hedge Fund Service Providers:
- Mitch Ackles, Hedge Fund PR
- Joshua Blumenthal, Rothstein Kass
- Ron Geffner, Sadis & Goldberg
- Richard Heller, Thompson Hine
- Kislay Shah, McGladrey