Boston Private has wrapped up the integration of its subsidiary KLS Professional Advisors Group with Boston Private Wealth.

The merged entity is said to be one of the largest registered investment advisors in terms of client assets in the US.

KLS, which was founded in 1989, specialises in complex financial needs of law firms, attorneys and other high-net-worth (HNW) segments.

The KLS and Boston Private Wealth merger is part of the company’s plan to triple the assets under management in its wealth management and trust business to nearly $50bn by 2022.

Boston Private CEO Anthony DeChellis said: “KLS is known for providing exceptional client value to attorneys and other professional service partners due to its technical excellence and commitment to client service.

“KLS’s expertise, coupled with Boston Private’s resources, creates a more complete offering for our clients, and provides a platform for growth in New York, one of the most important wealth markets in the world.”

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

KLS senior managing director Gary Sica will continue to head the New York team along with Boston Private head of wealth advisory and family office services, Bill Woodson.

Commenting on the integration, Sica said: “KLS and Boston Private share a mission of providing clients with holistic advice guided by a deep understanding of our clients and their needs, and not by products.”

KLS has been an affiliate of Boston Private after the latter bought an 81% stake in 2004 and the remaining 19% in 2010.

After the integration, the team will work under the brand name “KLS, A Division of Boston Private.”