A private banker salary is typically £70,864 in the UK – but it can be as high as £114,000 depending on the private bank.
This is based on salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by private banker employees.
One private banker in the London area told the website he / she has 1-2 years of experience and earns £43,000 per year, plus a £5,000 cash bonus.
Meanwhile, another private banker in the London area – with 5 to 7 years of experience – reported making £60,000 per year.
An example of a private banker role is currently advertised on recruitment website reed.co.uk.
Private Banker Salary
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The permanent role is based in London and the salary is in the range of £70,000 – £90,000.
The job requires a track record of working with financial services high-networth individuals in essentials, as well as the CeMAP qualification.
Among the main responsibilities for this salary are:
- Originate new target market clients through lending, transactional banking, savings and foreign exchange.
- Manage and develop existing relationships with the aim of building and maintaining the portfolio, whilst continually identifying further business opportunities aligned to the client’s needs.
- Consistent and accurate capturing of client information at all touch points.
Reed.co.uk says among the core skills and knowledge required for the private banker role are:
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)
- Coaching & Assessment (compulsory for Line Managers and other Supervisors)
- Experience originating clients through lending, transactional banking, savings and foreign exchange
- Experience providing bespoke lending solutions for target market clients aligned to their needs
- Client relationship management skills
Outside the UK, for private bankers in Singapore, the maximum salary for a private banking managing director in the city state is typically S$750,000.
An associate private banking director in Singapore can expect to earn a maximum of approximately S$200,000.
These Singapore salary figures are based on data from EMA Partners and The Omerta Group.